Stat Attack: St Helens have ran the length of 70 pitches so far in 2019
St Helens have ran the length of 70 rugby pitches so far this year!
This week we are going to take a look at round five but also the last five rounds in total.
St Helens rise to the top has begun. Being the only team to win five from five. Castleford drop to second after a defeat at Warrington, who remain at third. After Salford’s impressive win, keeps them at fourth, and Hull FC remain at fifth. Hull KR last minute try meant they rise from eighth to sixth, which pushes Wakefield and Catalan down to seventh and eighth. Finally, the bottom four remain unchanged.
Round five stats
- Jermaine McGillvary (Huddersfield) ran over 200 metres.
- Matthew Davis (London), Trent Merrin (Leeds) and George Lawler (Hull KR) all made over 50 tackles each
- Six players made over 20 carries each. Mitchel Garbutt (Hull KR), Jermaine McGillvary (Huddersfield), Lachlan Coote (St. Helens), Mark Percival (St. Helens), Peter Mata’utia (Castleford) and Jackson Hastings (Salford).
- Danny Houghton (Hull FC) and Michael Mcllorum (Catalan) both had above 13m average gain.
- Matthew Fleming (London) missed 9 tackles, London had three players in the top 5.
- Alex Walker (London) made 5 errors.
- Lee Jewitt (Hull KR) gave away 4 penalties.
After five rounds
- St.Helens have ran over 7000 metres.
- London have made nearly 1900 tackles
- St.Helens have carried the ball over 980 times
- London and Hull KR have missed over 200 tackles each
- Castleford and Leeds have both made 60 errors each.
- Hull KR and Warrington have both given away over 45 penalties each, an average of 9 penalties a game!
- Bill Tupou (Wakefield) has ran over 800 metres, an average of 160m a game
- Danny Houghton has made over 250 tackles, an average of 50 tackles a game!
- Mitchell Garbutt (Hull KR) and Thomas Makinson (St. Helens) have had over 90 carries each
- Michael Mcllorum (Catalan) has nearly missed 25 tackles
- Konrad Hurrell and Tuimoala Lolohea (Leeds), have made 11 errors each.
- Eddie Battye (London) has given away the most penalties (9)
Don’t forget you can take a deeper dive at the analysis by looking at find your measure:
And also take a look at the penalty analysis: