Wellington Albert says he is raring to go with London Broncos in 2023 after what was an enjoyable World Cup campaign with Papua New Guinea.
The 28-year-old prop joined the Broncos ahead of last season, making 15 appearances.
Albert was then called up to the Papua New Guinea squad for the end of year World Cup, playing in all four of their games.
“It’s always good to put the Papua New Guinea jersey on,” Albert told the Broncos website.
“It was good to meet the boys who we grew up playing against back home as well so it was a good experience playing for my country’s team.”
🗣️ "I struggled with injury last year so want to get a full pre-season under my belt."
— London Broncos (@LondonBroncosRL) December 5, 2022
Wellington Albert back in pre-season with London
Albert has returned to pre-season training with the Broncos ahead of the 2023 Championship season.
The Mendi-born forward says he is keen to do pre-season this year after injury ruined last year’s plans.
“I’m looking forward to next year with the Broncos,” he added.
“I struggled with injury last year so want to get a full pre-season under my belt.
“It’s really good that we’ve kept most of our players from last season, we finished very strongly so I believe we’ll start well in 2023.”
London get their 2023 Championship season underway when they welcome Batley to Plough Lane on February 5.
The Broncos face Toulouse in a big-city derby at the Championship’s Summer Bash in York on Saturday, May 27.
There are a number of international players at the Broncos in 2023 – Sitiveni Moceidreke (Fiji), Paul Ulberg (Cook Islands), Dean Parata (Italy), Lewis Bienek (Ireland), Rhys Curran (France), Rob Oakley (Scotland), Ronny Palumbo (Italy), Dalton Grant (Wales), Adam Vrahnos (Greece), Henry Raiwalui (Fiji), Ethan Natoli (Italy) and Albert (Papua New Guinea).