Korbin Sims has had his career ended early after receiving a three-match ban following Hull KR’s win over Wigan at Craven Park.
Sims, 30, announced that he would be retiring at the end of the current Super League season earlier today.
He had planned to make the Hull derby his final game concluding his 10-year professional playing career. However, he was charged with a Grade C contact with match official following the club’s 38-28 victory over the Warriors on Monday.
It means that he has played his final game in his career and will be forced to hang up the boots a game early and watch the Hull derby as a spectator on Saturday at the MKM Stadium.
Korbin Sims: Hull KR prop to retire at end of season
Meanwhile, Romain Navarette’s Super League season is over after being handed a two-match ban for a Grade C head butt. He will miss Toulouse’s final fixture at St Helens on Saturday.
Castleford boss Lee Radford will have an even tougher job of finding 17 fit players for their vital clash against Leeds at Headingley Stadium. Prop forward Liam Watts has been hit with a two-match suspension for a Grade B dangerous contact.
Catalans will be without centre Dean Whare for their final game of the regular season with a Grade B shoulder charge. The Dragons travel to Wigan for a televised Sky Sports clash against Wigan at the DW Stadium.
Salford’s Jack Ormondroyd was charged following his try-scoring performance against Castleford. However, he avoided a suspension for Grade A dangerous contact.
- Korbin Sims (Hull KR) – Grade C Contact with Match Official – 3 Match Penalty Notice
- Romain Navarette (Toulouse Olympique) – Grade C Head Butt – 2 Match Penalty Notice
- Liam Watts (Castleford Tigers) – Grade B Dangerous Contact – 2 Match Penalty Notice
- Dean Whare (Catalans Dragons) – Grade B Shoulder Charge – 1 Match Penalty Notice
- Jack Ormondroyd (Salford Red Devils) – Grade A Dangerous Contact – 0 Match Penalty Notice