Castleford Tigers’ Liam Watts and Wigan Warriors’ Kaide Ellis have been handed two and one-match bans respectively by the Rugby Football League’s match review panel following Super League Round 12.
Homegrown veteran Watts will now miss Super League clashes with both Salford Red Devils and Wigan. He was charged with a Grade B tripping offence in Cas’ 32-0 whitewash of Hull KR yesterday. The 31-year-old was also sin-binned early on in that game for a high tackle by referee Chris Kendall.
Fellow prop Ellis meanwhile was charged with a Grade B high tackle in the ninth minute of Wigan’s 32-22 defeat at Huddersfield Giants last Thursday. Match referee Tom Grant took no action at the time, but Australian Ellis will now miss Saturday’s trip to Hull FC.
Though he will face no suspension or further action, Wakefield Trinity’s Liam Hood was also in trouble with the disciplinary panel. He received a caution for a late hit on the passer in defeat at Toulouse Olympique.
Super League suspensions following Round 12:
- Liam Watts (Castleford) – Grade B Tripping – 2 Match Penalty Notice
- Kaide Ellis (Wigan) – Grade B High Tackle – 1 Match Penalty Notice
The following player was handed a caution:
- Liam Hood (Wakefield) – Other Contrary Behaviour
Cases for the following players were also reviewed with no further action taken:
- Joseph Greenwood (Huddersfield) – Professional Foul
- Logan Astley (Wigan) – Dangerous Contact
- Willie Isa (Wigan) – High Tackle
- Oliver Wilson – Dangerous Tackle
- Manu Ma’au (Hull FC) – Late hit on kicker
- Morgan Knowles (St Helens) – Shoulder Charge
- Ligi Sau (Hull FC) – Shoulder Charge
- James Bell (St Helens) – Dangerous Tackle
- Alex Walmsley (St Helens) – Dropping with the Knees
- Bill Magoulias (Warrington Wolves) – Dangerous Contact
- Daryl Clarke (Warrington Wolves) – Taking opponent off the ball
- Harvey Livett (Salford Red Devils) – Dangerous Throw
- Zak Hardaker (Leeds Rhinos) – Dangerous Contact
- James Donaldson (Leeds Rhinos) – Dangerous Throw
- Andy Ackers (Salford Red Devils) – High Tackle & Offside (Persistent infringements)
- James Batchelor (Wakefield Trinity) – Dangerous Contact
- Romain Navarette (Toulouse Olympique) – Dangerous Tackle
- Liam Hood (Wakefield Trinity) – Late hit on passer (second time)
- George Griffin (Castleford Tigers) – Dangerous Contact