Stat Attack: Oliver Gildart makes 322 metres in round eight
Lorna Eden has produced her weekly ‘Stat Attack’ guide from round eight, and there some big positives and negatives this week.
This week we have no change to our top three in St Helens, Warrington and Castleford. Wakefield move from seventh to fourth, which pushes Salford, Hull FC and Catalans all down one place. Wigan and Huddersfield move up two to eighth and ninth, meaning Hull KR and London drop to 10th and 11th. Leeds remain bottom of the league.
- Oliver Gildart (Wigan) ran a massive 322 metres, closest to him was Liam Watts (Castleford) with 210 metres.
- Matt Davis (London) and Joey Lussick (Salford) made over 50 tackles each.
- Dan Sarginson (Wigan) made 27 carries.
- James Clare (Castleford) had an average gain of 9 metres per carry.
- Jordan Thompson (Hull FC) and Lucas Albert (Catalan) both missed nine tackles each.
- Hakim Miloudi (Hull FC), Joe Burgess (Wigan), Josh Griffin (Hull FC), Kris Welham (Salford) and Matt Fleming (London) all made four errors each.
- Joe Wardle (Huddersfield) and Jordan Crowther (Wakefield) both gave away three penalties each.
Salford gave away the most penalties this week with 11, whereas Wigan and Hull FC only gave away four each.
Again, away teams gave away more penalties than home teams.
Referee Scott Mikalauskas gave away the most penalties with 20.
Find your measure
This week there is a new measure called Kicks in General Play, which could be of interest to some of you!