The Rugby Football League’s match review panel have handed suspensions to St Helens prop Matty Lees and Hull KR forward Elliot Minchella following the weekend’s action.
St Helens forward Lees has received two-match ban for a Grade C high tackle on Joe Greenwood in their 32-18 win over Huddersfield Giants at the Totally Wicked Stadium on Sunday evening.
The England international prop will miss Saints’ upcoming games against Hull Kingston Rovers and Castleford Tigers in what is a blow to Paul Wellens’ forward pack, who are already missing several players currently sidelined with injury.
Greenwood was red carded for retaliating with an elbow in the challenge from Leeds, but the Huddersfield forward has avoided a ban from the match review panel, although he has been fined £250 for Grade B striking.
Hull KR forward Elliot Minchella cops ban from Challenge Cup final
Meanwhile, Hull KR forward Minchella has received a one-match ban from their 17-16 golden point extra-time defeat to Leigh Leopards in the Challenge Cup final at Wembley on Saturday.
The 27-year-old will sit out Friday’s trip to Super League champions St Helens, and will return the following week against Leigh.
Elsewhere, Huddersfield half-back Olly Russell has received a £250 fine for Grade B dangerous contact in their loss at Saints. Russell’s team-mate Matty English was given a caution for dangerous contact.
The latest Super League sanctions from the match review panel:
- Elliot Minchella (Hull KR) – Grade B Other Contrary Behaviour – 1 Match Penalty Notice
- Chris Hill (Huddersfield Giants) – Grade A High Tackle – Not Applicable
- Matty Lees (St Helens) – Grade C High Tackle – 2 Match Penalty Notice
- Joe Greenwood (Huddersfield Giants) – Grade B Striking – £250 Fine
- Olly Russell (Huddersfield Giants) – Grade B Dangerous Contact – £250 Fine
The following player was handed a caution:
- Matty English (Huddersfield Giants) – Dangerous Contact