RFL to investigate biting allegation in Championship match
The RFL are investigating an allegation of biting in the recent Championship match between Whitehaven and Batley.
Whitehaven forward Ryan King was placed on report for the incident, which occurred in the first half of the match at the Recreation Ground, which Batley won 46-6.
Bulldogs centre Josh Hodson made a formal complaint of biting, resulting in both captains being called over.
The RFL disciplinary report notes an area of redness was detected on Hodson’s arm, and the incident has now been referred for further investigation.
WIN: Tickets to the England vs Combined Nations match with Batchelors Peas
It was a busy week for the Match Review Panel following the double round of Championship fixtures.
A total of 14 sanctions were dished out, including three referrals to tribunal.
Midlands’ Benn Hardcastle was charged with a Grade D dangerous contact in their match against West Wales, while London Skolars’ Michael Greenhalgh also received a Grade D charge for punching to the head.
York Ladies’ player Rhiannon Marshall will also face a tribunal on the Grade D charge of punching in their match against Leeds.
Oldham’s Robbie Butterworth and Whitehaven’s Karl Dixon received two match bans, while Anthony Mullally (Cornwall), Callum Mulkeen (West Wales) and Luke Nelmes (Oldham) were all handed one match penalty notices.
- Peter Scott (Newcastle Academy) – Grade B Trip – 1 Match Penalty Notice
- Anthony Mullaly (Cornwall) – Grade B Dangerous Contact – 1 Match Penalty Notice
- Michael Greenhalgh (London Skolars) – Grade D Punching – Refer to Tribunal
- Luciano Bejanidze (London Skolars) – Grade A Other Contrary Behaviour – 0 Match Penalty Notice
- Callum Wood (North Wales Crusaders) – Grade A Dangerous Contact – 0 Match Penalty Notice
- Callum Mulkeen (West Wales Raiders) – Grade B Dangerous Contact – 1 Match Penalty Notice
- Benn Hardcastle (Midlands) – Grade D Dangerous Contact – Refer to Tribunal
- Karl Dixon (Whitehaven) – Grade C Trip – 2 Match Penalty Notice
- Luke Nelmes (Oldham) – Grade B Dangerous Contact – 1 Match Penalty Notice
- Luke Nelmes (Oldham) – Grade A Dangerous Contact – 0 Match Penalty Notice
- Tom Spencer (Oldham) – Grade A Dangerous Contact – 0 Match Penalty Notice
- Robbie Butterworth (Oldham) – Grade C Dangerous Contact – 2 Match Penalty Notice
- George Delaney (St Helens Academy) – Grade A Dangerous Contact – 0 Match Penalty Notice
- Rhiannon Marshall (York Women) – Grade D Punching – Refer to Tribunal