Kingstone Press Cider National Conference League round-up


A Shaun Garrod hat-trick helped SIDDAL to a 38-14 home win over HULL DOCKERS.

Centre Gavin Stead crossed twice and there were other efforts from Gareth Blackburn, Taniela Bakosa and Billy Hammond as the Halifax side moved to third in table.

Scrum-half Chris Brooke landed three goals.

Dockers – who had led 12-10 at the break – remain in the play-off places despite suffering their fifth loss of the season.

Richard Lamplugh and Darren Bunby were their try scorers, as Ross Kemp kicked three goals.

EGREMONT RANGERS moved further clear of the relegation places following a 36-18 victory over LOCK LANE.

Matthew Henson and Blake Mahovic both touched down twice for the Cumbrian side, with Ryan Barnes, Matthew Bewsher and Rob Purdham also adding their names to the score sheet.

Purdham (2) Bewsher and Henson added the extras between them as their side built on an 18-8 half-time advantage.

Danny Holmes, Joe Willock, Chris Siddons and James Cryer replied for the visitors, with scrum-half Danny Rowse adding a conversion.

ROCHDALE MAYFIELD continue to set the pace with their latest success coming 36-16 at OULTON RAIDERS.

Sam Butterworth was on target with six goals from as many attempts for the visitors as he improved touchdowns from Aidy Gleeson, Seta Tala, Matt Calland, Declan Sheridan (2) and Ben Butterworth.

The Raiders remain rooted to the foot of the table despite managing four-pointers from Dom Flanagan, Declan Storey and Scott MacDonald, plus goals from Flanagan and Josh Murray.

WIGAN ST PATRICKS did just enough to see off THATTO HEATH CRUSADERS 26-22.

The win – St Pats ninth of the campaign – sees them just a point behind the leaders and came thanks to tries by Liam Gannon, Tyler Spence (2), Marlon Alker and Jonny Brown.

Dan Birkett (2) and Rob Meadows added the extras meaning they did just enough to hold off a late rally from relegation-threatened Thatto.

Second-rower Dave Sutton led the Thatto response with a brace, whilst Ben Roberts, Louis Taylor and Aaron Dancer also crossed the whitewash.

Tom Rigby was on target with a conversion.

WATH BROW HORNETS produced a superb display as they crossed for 13 tries to thrash LEIGH MINERS RANGERS 64-4.

The Hornets have made an indifferent start to the season but look to have turned the corner as their seventh win of the season moves them within two points of the play-off places.

Scott Pink produced a four-try display and his efforts were almost matched by Karl Dixon who claimed a hat-trick.

Jamie Devine (2), Lewis McCarron, Cole Walker-Taylor and Adam Ramsden completed the rout, with hooker Walker-Taylor also landing six goals.

The Miners – who remain fifth – could only muster a Harry Gagen effort in response.

EAST LEEDS remain well-placed in fourth spot after a hard-fought 14-8 triumph at WEST HULL.

Stand-off Nathan Conroy kicked a penalty to give the visitors the lead, but home winger Dylan Price touched down before the half-time whistle to give Wests a slender 4-2 advantage at the break.

Ryan Morrow extended the hosts lead eight minutes into the second period but that proved to be the last time they’d trouble the scorers.

Conroy improved a 52nd minute effort from Ashley Stephenson to level matters and as the game entered the final quarter James Forsell crashed over for a score which Conroy again improved to seal the win.

Saturday July 25:

Egremont Rangers 36 v 18 Lock Lane
Oulton Raiders 16 v 36 Rochdale Mayfield
Siddal 38 v 14 Hull Dockers
Thatto Heath Crusaders 22 v 26 Wigan St Patricks
Wath Brow Hornets 64 v 4 Leigh Miners Rangers
West Hull 8 v 14 East Leeds


A stoppage time penalty from Adrian Mulcahy meant NORMANTON KNIGHTS snatched a 26-24 win at INCE ROSE BRIDGE.

The Knights were indebted to Mulcahy for also improving all of his sides four tries as Lee Hammond, Chris Woolford, Steve Lewis and Dave Evans all went over.

Ince – who twice led by 12-points – finished with touchdowns from Jamie Malone (2), Kenny Baker – who also kicked four goals – and Ben Toothill.

KELLS maintained their promotion push with a 20-6 victory at HUNSLET WARRIORS.

A Lee West try and Gary McClelland conversion gave the Warriors the perfect start, but by the break they were 10-6 down after Scott Lofthouse and Ben Milburn had gone in for the Cumbrian visitors.

Owen Martin and Ross Gainford made the game safe with second half efforts, with the latter also tagging on two goals.

An Elliott Watmough hat-trick helped MILFORD MARLINS to a 32-18 win over ELLAND.

Ryan Oxtoby was also in the points with a try and four goals, whilst James Barker and Zak Snellgrove also added their names to the try scorers list.

Oliver Fairbank (2), Cayci Pearson – who also kicked a goal – and Gareth Webb replied for the visitors.

Andy Nesbit, Ian Stanley, Greg Smith, Danny Filson and Ryan Hilliard all crossed twice as PILKINGTON RECS recorded a 56-24 victory over SALFORD CITY ROOSTERS.

Danny Lynch booted eight goals to see Pilks pass the half-century mark, although the visitors deserve great credit from battling back from 30-0 down to trailed just 30-24 early in the second half.

Adam Taher led the way with a try and two goals, whilst Will Rigby, Mike Halsall and Tom Smith also touched down and Bradley White added a couple of conversions.

YORK ACORN left in late to see off SHAW CROSS SHARKS 30-26.

Matthew Wood’s second try – goaled by Anthony Chilton – eight from times proved to the difference as Acorn returned home happy.

Jordan Potter, Steve Mackley and Joe Budd had crossed earlier for the visitors with Chilton finished with a five-goal haul.

The Sharks – who led 20-12 at the interval – came up just short despite three goals from Danny Flowers and four-pointers from Martin Woodhead, Adam Masson, Dikkie Piper, Robbie Byatt and Ross Roebuck.

SKIRLAUGH now sit in sixth spot in the table after a 49-22 win over city rivals MYTON WARRIORS.

Carl Puckering led the way with a try, eight goals and a field-goal, with the home side building on an 18-10 half-time advantage.

Scott Mountain, Nathan Larvin, Tommy Harrison, Harvey Gotts, Harry Collinson, Ben Peterson and James Higginbotham claimed their other four-pointers, although they were made to work hard as Myton roared back to lead after trailing 18-0.

Ryan Walker and Nathan Slater both claimed a brace, whist Kris Walker chipped in with a try and three goals.

WIGAN ST JUDES won for just the second time this season as they demolished fellow strugglers SADDLEWORTH RANGERS 40-12.

Tom Whelan and Scott Robinson both scored twice for a St Judes side that were 26-0 to the good by half-time.

Robinson also kicked four goals for a good afternoon’s work, as Nathan Bevin, John Astle, Liam Whalley and Adam Larvin also touched down.

Ben Whitehead improved scores from Matthew Bottom and Gavin Dodd for a Rangers side still in major relegation bother.

Saturday July 25:

Hunslet Warriors 6 v 20 Kells
Ince Rose Bridge 24 v 26 Normanton Knights
Milford Marlins 32 v 18 Elland
Pilkington Recs 56 v 24 Salford City Roosters
Shaw Cross Sharks 26 v 30 York Acorn
Skirlaugh 49 v 22 Myton Warriors
Wigan St Judes 40 v 12 Saddleworth Rangers


LEIGH EAST produced a superb performance to beat MILLOM 32-20.

The home win shattered the Cumbrian leaders unbeaten record and means that Easts now sit level on points with second-placed Featherstone Lions.

Alan Lantry helped himself to a hat-trick and Jacob Sinclair a brace as the home side made it 11 wins from 14 games so far their term. Six goals from Adam Holland completed their scoring.

Millom were 12-0 down at one stage before battling back to lead 20-18 win 10 minutes left, however, they couldn’t hold on and lost out despite tries to Lee Postlethwaite, Owen Myers, Warwick Carter and Chris Warren. Jonny Hodgson chipped in with two goals.

A strong finish from FEATHERSTONE LIONS saw them beat DEWSBURY CELTIC 40-26.

The sides were level at 22-22 with 10 minutes left before Ian Jackson claimed his second try and kicked the last three of his six-goal haul.

Sam Millard and Davi Garahan also crossed in the final exchanges meaning the Lions remain well-placed for promotion.

Kieran Redfearn and Kev Eadie had claimed the Lions earlier touchdowns, while Celtic replied with two tries and three goals from Pat Foulstone, and Anthony Dunford brace and a Danny Crabtree effort.

OLDHAM AT ANNES were no match for BRADFORD DUDLEY HILL as the visitors cruised to a 76-8 win.

Andy Walker, Neil Wall, Martin Southwell and Matty Holroyd all scored twice, as Simon Sewell helped himself to a try and 10 goals.

Anthony Huby, Adam Jefferson, Ryan Dickinson, Kyle Bateman and Danny Samuels all joined in with the scoring for a Hill side that found themselves 58-0 ahead at half-time.

The Saints consolation efforts arrived when Callum Cashin and Alan Williamson touched down.

A last-minute Courtney Allette try – followed by a Richard Knight penalty – gave UNDERBANK RANGERS 26-24 win over STANLEY RANGERS.

The Rangers had recovered from 20-0 down through Danny Grice’s conversions of tries by James Senkiw, Carl Hughes, Lee Brickwood and David Brown.

Kris Harrop supplied two tries and two goals in the visitors early points flurry, with Jonathan Tinker and Alex Chatterton also crossing.

Saturday July 25:

Dewsbury Celtic 26 v 40 Featherstone Lions
Leigh East 32 v 20 Millom
Oldham St Annes 8 v 76 Bradford Dudley Hill
Stanley Rangers 24 v 26 Underbank Rangers


STANNINGLEY returned from GATESHEAD STORM with the points following a 24-10 success.

Martin Pedersen-Scott gave the Storm a flying start but the visitors roared back to take control thanks to Callum Smithson converting efforts from Jackson Green, Stuart Halliday, Adam Benn and Tom Kent.

Luke Banham replied for Gateshead with James Pocklington adding the extras.

HUNSLECT CLUB PARKSIDE continue at the summit with their latest win coming 36-22 at THORNHILL TROJANS on Friday evening.

Luke O’Malley (2), Danny Harrison, Jamie Fields – who also added five goals – Pat Banks and Andy Hullock supplied the touchdowns, with Hullock also on target with a goal.

The home side actually led 16-10 at the break, but their cause wasn’t helped by the 52nd minute dismissal of Adam Johnson for alleged referee abuse.

Joel Gibson grabbed a try and kicked three goals, with other four-pointers coming via Aaron Allerton, Johnson and Luke Haigh.

EASTMOOR DRAGONS let a half-time lead slip as they lost 30-11 to DEWSBURY MOOR MAROONS.

The Dragons had led through tries to Jed Goddard and Michael Jedynak, with James Slater adding a conversion and field-goal.

However, the Moor hit back from 11-6 down to pick up the win thanks to a try and five goals from Jacob Flathers and other efforts from Brad Foster, James Samme, Peter Robinson and James Eatherley.

WATERHEAD WARRIORS edged an amazing game at WIBSEY WARRIORS eventually winning 46-44.

The Oldham-based side were 30-4 ahead at half-time, before finding themselves 44-36 adrift with just three minutes to go.

However, late scores from Luke Dufeu and Declan Slicker – plus the last of Liam Aspin’s seven goals – sealed the game.

Aspin and Ryan Lynch has both crossed twice earlier in the piece, with Chris Brown and Reece Bradshaw also going over.

Wibsey had a hat-trick display from Nick Walker, a try and five goals from Kane Gray, a try and goal from Craig Barker, plus touchdowns from Mark Darragh, Paul Jennings and Chris Vogel.

DRIGHLINGTON returned from Warrington with the points after seeing off WOOLSTON ROVERS 28-18.

Michael Sanderson supplied a try and four goals for the visitors, whilst Kieron Roche, Tom Moorby, Ethan Hallas and Dan Cahill all touched down.

Danny Brown (2) and Justin Becher replied for a Rovers side that found themselves 10-6 down at the interval. Will Chadwick improved each effort but his side remain fifth in the table.

Friday July 24

Thornhill Trojans 22 v 36 Hunslet Club Parkside

Saturday July 25

Eastmoor Dragons 11 v 30 Dewsbury Moor Maroons
Gateshead Storm 10 v 24 Stanningley
Wibsey Warriors 44 v 46 Waterhead Warriors
Woolston Rovers 18 v 28 Drighlington

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.