Young Huddersfield prop forward Fenton Rogers is facing a ban of up to five matches after he was referred to the tribunal following a Grade D charge for a Late Hit on the Passer.
Rogers was sin-binned after a late hit during Huddersfield’s reserve game against Castleford. The Tigers won that match 32-24 at Huddersfield YMCA Rugby Union club.
Last year, Rogers was banned for five matches after admitting a Grade D charge of Dangerous Contact whilst playing for Oldham.
In his debut match for the Roughyeds against Sheffield, he was sent to the sin bin for a hit on Eagles forward Tyler Dickinson. It also proved to be the last game he played for Oldham.
Rogers then signed his first professional contract with the Giants ahead of the 2022 season.
He will face a similar punishment this time. A Grade D charge typically carries a ban of between three and five matches.
Three further bans from reserve matches
Elsewhere in the reserves league, Salford’s Matt Costello, Wakefield’s Same Eseh and Wigan’s Richards Nsemba all got a one-match penalty notice each.
Costello was banned after a charge of Other Contrary Behaviour. He was sent to the sin bin during Salford’s 34-12 defeat at Wakefield.
In the same match, Eseh was also sent to the sin bin for a late hit on the passer.
Meanwhile, Nsemba was also sent to the sin bin for the same offence during Wigan’s 40-6 victory over Leeds.
Championship pair also handed bans
Another ban to come was for Whitehaven’s Guy Graham. He was handed a two-match penalty notice following his red card against Sheffield. He has been charged with a Dangerous Throw.
Day has also been given a one-match penalty notice following his yellow card against Dewsbury. He was sent for 10 minutes after a late hit.
Full List of disciplinary cases
- Aaron Small (London Skolars) – Grade A Disputes Decision – 0 Match Penalty Notice
- Richards Nsemba (Wigan Warriors) – Grade B Late Hit on Passer – 1 Match Penalty Notice
- Matt Costello (Salford Red Devils) – Grade B Other Contrary Behaviour – 1 Match Penalty Notice
- Same Eseh (Wakefield Trinity) – Grade B Late Hit on Passer – 1 Match Penalty Notice
- Fenton Rogers (Huddersfield Giants) – Grade D Late Hit on Passer – Refer to Tribunal
- Guy Graham (Whitehaven) – Grade C Dangerous Throw – 2 Match Penalty Notice
- Brad Day (Newcastle Thunder) – Grade B Late Hit on Passer – 1 Match Penalty Notice
Read More: Will Pryce reacts to 10-game supsension