Catalans Dragons duo Dylan Napa and Gil Dudson have received Grade D charges from the RFL’s match review panel following the opening round of Super League.
Prop Napa was sent off in the 71st minute of Catalans’ 28-8 defeat at St Helens in the opening match of the Super League season on Thursday night. He has been given a Grade D charge for striking Mark Percival with his shoulder. His charge has been referred to tribunal.
Napa’s team-mate Gil Dudson was sin-binned in the first minute of the same game for Grade D punch on St Helens forward Joe Batchelor. His case has also been referred to a tribunal.
Nine players charged with bans following Super League’s opening round
Elsewhere, Hull KR prop Albert Vete has been given a two-match ban for a Grade C dangerous contact in their 24-10 defeat at home to Wigan. He will miss their upcoming matches against Huddersfield and Castleford.
James Bentley was sent off on his debut for Leeds as they lost 22-20 against Warrington at Headingley. He has been given a three-match penalty notice. The Ireland international will miss their upcoming games against Wigan, Catalans and Wakefield.
In the same game, Leeds hooker Brad Dwyer has been handed a one-match ban for a Grade A dangerous contact.
And for Leeds’ opponents Warrington, back-rower Oliver Holmes has been given a one-match penalty notice for a Grade B high tackle on his debut. He will miss Thursday’s match against his former club Castleford.
Wakefield centre Reece Lyne has been hit with a three-match ban for a Grade C dangerous contact in their 16-12 defeat at home to his old club Hull. The England international will miss their upcoming matches against Catalans, St Helens and Leeds.
Hull have also been dealt a blow to two of their star players. Full-back Jake Connor received a one-match ban, whilst back-rower Andre Savelio will miss their next two games against St Helens and Salford.
- Dylan Napa – Catalans Dragons – Grade D Strikes with Shoulder – Refer to Tribunal
- Gill Dudson – Catalans Dragons – Grade D Strikes Punching – Refer to Tribunal
- Albert Vete – Hull KR – Grade C Dangerous Contact – 2 Match Penalty Notice
- James Bentley – Leeds Rhinos – Grade C High Tackle – 3 Match Penalty Notice
- Brad Dwyer – Leeds Rhinos – Grade A Dangerous Contact – 1 Match Penalty Notice
- Oliver Holmes – Warrington Wolves – Grade B High Tackle – 1 Match Penalty Notice
- Reece Lyne – Wakefield Trinity – Grade C Dangerous Contact – 3 Match Penalty Notice
- Jake Connor – Hull FC – Grade B High Tackle – 1 Match Penalty Notice
- Andre Savelio – Hull FC – Grade B Use of Knees – 2 Match Penalty Notice