Newcastle Thunder forward Alex Foster will face a tribunal after receiving a Grade F charge for “physical assault of a match official” by the Rugby Football League’s match review panel.
The 28-year-old has been charged with Grade F “physical assault of a match official” following their 53-10 win over Bradford in the Magic Weekend curtain-raiser.
Foster has not been given a ban yet. He has instead been referred to a tribunal where he will learn his fate.
Grade F is the most serious sanction. It usually carries a ban of eight-plus matches or a period of suspension.
Elsewhere, Cornwall player Luke Collins has also been referred to a tribunal for “Grade F unacceptable language” in their 44-10 defeat to Doncaster. He was sent off during the match.
Halifax pick up five suspensions
Championship side Halifax have had five players pick up suspensions following their 36-10 win over York. Matty Gee has been referred to tribunal over a Grade D dangerous contact. He has also been given a one-match ban for a Grade B dangerous contact.
Ed Barber (one match), Kevin Larroyer (two matches) and Ben Kavanagh (one match) are the other Fax players suspended.
Sheffield Eagles forward Joel Farrell will face a tribunal over a Grade D striking charge in their 20-18 defeat to Batley.
Whitehaven’s Luke Broadbent misses one game for a Grade B “other contrary behaviour” charge in their 40-6 Cumbrian derby defeat at Barrow.
In League 1, Oldham duo Martyn Ridyard and Luke Nelmes are facing time on the sidelines. Ridyard has been banned for two matches for Grade C kicking. Nelmes has been referred to tribunal over a Grade D dangerous contact charge.
The latest suspensions in the Championship and League 1:
- Alex Foster (Newcastle Thunder) – Grade F Physical assault of Match Official – Refer to Tribunal
- Luke Collins (Cornwall) – Grade F Unacceptable Language – Refer to Tribunal
- Joel Farrell (Sheffield Eagles) – Grade D Striking – Refer to Tribunal
- Luke Broadbent (Whitehaven) – Grade B Other Contrary Behaviour – 1 Match Penalty Notice
- Luke Nelmes (Oldham) – Grade D Dangerous Contact – Refer to Tribunal
- Martyn Ridyard (Oldham) – Grade C Kicking – 2 Match Penalty Notice
- Matt Gee (Halifax) – Grade B Dangerous Contact – 1 Match Penalty Notice
- Ben Kavanagh (Halifax) – Grade B Dangerous Contact – 1 Match Penalty Notice
- Kevin Larroyer (Halifax) – Grade C Dangerous Throw – 2 Match Penalty Notice
- Matt Gee (Halifax) – Grade D Dangerous Contact – Refer to Tribunal
- Ed Barber (Halifax) – Grade B Dangerous Contact – 1 Match Penalty Notice