The Rugby Football League’s match review panel have handed seven players suspensions following Round 10 of the Super League campaign.
Wigan forward Willie Isa has been handed a two-match ban for a dangerous throw in their 22-6 win over Wakefield on Sunday afternoon.
The former Samoa international was sin-binned in the second half for a dangerous throw on Harry Bowes, which forced the Wakefield hooker to leave the action for a head injury assessment, before later returning.
Speaking in his post-match press conference, Wigan coach Matt Peet said he didn’t expect Isa to face any further action.
Peet said: “I think that’s a textbook tackle. If that’s not allowed, I don’t know what we are supposed to teach players. It was just a good tackle.
“I don’t think the referee was going to make a call until he got a word in his ear. There are loads of tackles that I agree with were we have to adapt our tackling technique but for me, that was textbook.”
Castleford trio receive bans
Castleford trio Kenny Edwards, Bureta Faraimo and Liam Watts have each received one-match suspensions following their 12-7 defeat to Hull KR on Thursday.
Edwards was charged with Grade C other contrary behaviour, with Bureta Faraimo being charged for striking. Watts was banned for a Grade B dangerous contact.
Catalans have picked up two suspensions after their 16-14 defeat at Salford. Hooker Michael McIlorum has been given a one-match ban for a trip, with prop Siosiua Taukeiaho getting a one-match suspension for a Grade B high tackle.
The match review panel have handed a one-match ban to Leigh prop Nathan Wilde for a Grade B dangerous contact in their 20-6 win over Leeds on Friday.
Super League sanctions from Round 10:
- Joe Batchelor – St Helens – Other Contrary Behaviour – A – No further action
- Kenny Edwards – Castleford Tigers – Other Contrary Behaviour – C – 1 Match Penalty Notice
- Bureta Faraimo – Castleford Tigers – Dangerous Contact – A – No further action
- Bureta Faraimo – Castleford Tigers – Strikes – B – 1 Match Penalty Notice
- Tom Holroyd – Leeds Rhinos – Dangerous Contact – B – £250 Fine
- Willie Isa – Wigan Warriors – Dangerous Throw – C – 2 Match Penalty Notice
- Michael McIlorum – Catalans Dragons – Trips – B – 1 Match Penalty Notice
- Nathan Peats – Huddersfield Giants – Dangerous Contact – A – No further action
- Jorge Taufua – Wakefield Trinity – Dangerous Contact – A – No further action
- Siosiua Taukeiaho – Catalans Dragons – High Tackle – B – 1 Match Penalty Notice
- Liam Watts – Castleford Tigers – Dangerous Contact – B – 1 Match Penalty Notice
- Nathan Wilde – Leigh Leopards – Dangerous Contact – B – 1 Match Penalty Notice
- Luke Yates – Huddersfield Giants – Dangerous Contact – Not applicable – Not applicable