The Rugby League World Cup Dream Team has been announced, combining players from all four tournaments – Men’s, Women’s, Wheelchair and PDRL.
England’s George Williams has been included in the team that was announced during a presentation at Manchester Hall on Thursday, hosted by Andrew Voss.
The Men’s leading try scorer in Josh Addo-Carr was the first player revealed at the event, having crossed for 12 tries so far. If he is to score one more in the final, he will overtake Valentine Holmes’ joint-record of 12 in a single World Cup tournament.
Australia Physical Disability World Cup star Bryce Crane has been named in the squad.
Wheelchair Golden Boot winner and England international Seb Bechara has been named alongside Joseph Manu and Raecene McGregor, who also won their respective Golden Boots.
In the Women’s tournament, Tarryn Aiken, Elsie Albert, Amber Hall, Mele Hufanga and Megan Pakulis have also been included.
Rugby League World Cup Dream Team
- Josh Addo-Carr (Australia Men)
- Tarryn Aiken (Australia Women)
- Lionel Alazard (France Wheelchair)
- Elsie Albert (PNG Women)
- Seb Bechara (England Wheelchair)
- Jack Brown (England Wheelchair)
- Jeremy Bourson (France Wheelchair)
- Bryce Crane (Australia PDRL)
- Amber Hall (New Zealand Women)
- Mele Hufanga (New Zealand Women)
- Tim Lafai (Samoa Men)
- Jarome Luai (Samoa Men)
- Joey Manu (New Zealand Men)
- Raecene McGregor (New Zealand Women)
- Cameron Murray (Australia Men)
- Megan Pakulis (Canada Women)
- George Williams (England Men)