Leeds Rhinos back-rower James Bentley has received his third ban of the season.
Bentley, 24, has received a three-match ban following the club’s win over Wakefield with a Grade C High Tackle.
He received a four-match ban following the opening game of the season for a high tackle on Warrington’s Gareth Widdop. Bentley then received another two for a challenge on Castleford’s Joe Westerman earlier in April.
He will miss games against Warrington, Huddersfield and St Helens.
Bentley scored a brace of tries in the club’s 24-6 victory over Wakefield at Headingley Stadium. It was Rohan Smith’s first win since being appointed head coach of the Rhinos – and only their fourth win of the season.
They currently sit 10th in the league table, three points clear of Trinity below them in 11th.
More bans alongside James Bentley
During the same clash, Trinity forward Jay Pitts has received a one-match ban. He has been charged with a Grade A Dangerous Contact.
Elsewhere, Catalans’ Julien Bousquet has also received a one-match suspension for a Grade B Dangerous Contact.
Toulouse goal-kicker Chris Hankinson also received a Grade A charge, but has not been suspended.
Full list of bans
- Julien Bousquet (Catalans) – Grade B Dangerous Contact – 1 Match Penalty Notice
- Jay Pitts (Wakefield) – Grade A Dangerous Contact – 1 Match Penalty Notice
- James Bentley (Leeds) – Grade C High Tackle – 3 Match Penalty Notice
- Chris Hankinson (Toulouse) – Grade A Dangerous Contact – 0 Match Penalty Notice
The following players were handed cautions:
- Jay Pitts (Wakefield) – Other Contrary Behaviour
- Siteleki Akauola (Salford) – Dangerous Contact
- Josh Reynolds (Hull FC) – Other Contrary Behaviour