West Hull defeat East Leeds to lift RFL Conference Challenge Trophy

West Hull have claimed the National Conference League Challenge Trophy with a 36-16 win over East Leeds.

Winger Jack Lazenby crossed for a try in each half and he was joined on the score sheet by Brett Turner, Josh Hart, Matty Plummer, Dan Parker and Sam Cator.

Stand-off Ian Kerman landed three goals and Hart one as the Hull outfit fought back from 14-10 down at the break to lift the cup.

Callum Windley was named man-of-the-match after the Wests hooker proved to be a constant threat throughout.

Centres Declan Tomlinson and Adam Hartley crossed for Easts first and last touchdowns whilst Jake Normington also went over to give his side some hope. 

Stand-off Nathan Conroy added a couple of conversions, but despite that – and a great performance from scrum-half Ryan Gaunt – it was not to be.


HUNSLET WARRIORS relegation was confirmed with a 38-0 defeat at SKIRLAUGH.

The Hull-based hosts ran in seven tries to pick up their seventh win of the season and give them a chance of avoiding the drop with just one game to go.

Centre Ross Kemp crossed for a try and landed five goals for a home side which was 18-0 to the good by half-time.

Kieran Jones and Alex Foster both grabbed a brace whilst second half efforts from Matthew Sheard and Shaun Painter completed the win.

EGREMONT RANGERS are just a point away from the play-off places thanks to a 24-16 win over LEIGH MINERS RANGERS.

The Cumbrian hosts led 10-4 at the break thanks to tries from Kieran Glenn and John Paul Brocklebank, and made sure of the win with further efforts from Rhys Davies, Matthew Henson and Kevin Brown.

Matthew Bewsher was on target with two conversions.

Miners – who are already assured of a top-six finish – replied with a try and two goals from Johnathan Youds and efforts from James Muir and Scott Travis.

SIDDAL turned out an eight-try display to see off WIGAN ST PATRICKS 40-28.

Late tries from George Ambler and Lee Greenwood proved decisive, with the other four-pointers coming via Scott Caley, Chester Butler, Greenwood, William Forsyth, Gareth Blackburn and Iain Davies.

Scrum-half Chris Brooke completed the scoring with four goals.

St Pats – who are now just a point above the drop-zone with two games left – were in the contest throughout thanks to tries from Aaron Forshaw (2), Liam Gannon (2) and Jonathan Brown.

Scrum-half Brad Smith was on target with four goals.

WATH BROW HORNETS missed out on the chance to go top after a 30-18 reverse at THATTO HEATH CRUSADERS.

Fran King – who also kicked three goals – Greg Howland and Charlie Tomlinson supplied the Hornets points, but it was not enough to stop a Thatto side who had a two-try showing from loose-forward Luke Bradshaw.

Adam Hesketh, Louis Taylor, Adam Walsh and Shaun Quinn added the other tries with Quinn also kicking three goals.

HULL DOCKERS picked up a vital two points with a 16-8 win at bottom side WIGAN ST JUDES.

Steven Milne crossed for the only try of the first period to help the hosts into a 6-0 lead at the break, before Chris Lyth and Jon Eccles added further scores in the second forty and Andrew Kay landed the second of his two-goal haul.

St Judes were limited to second half efforts from winger Gareth Thomas and his centre partner Nathan Jones.

Premier Division

Egremont Rangers 24 v 16 Leigh Miners Rangers
Siddal 40 v 28 Wigan St Patricks
Skirlaugh 38 v 0 Hunslet Warriors
Thatto Heath Crusaders 30 v 18 Wath Brow Hornets
Wigan St Judes 8 v 16 Hull Dockers

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.