Shaun Johnson is exploring his options for the future after being told he would not be offered a fresh deal at New Zealand Warriors beyond 2019.
The New Zealand international his current situation on Facebook on Monday, and confirmed that he had been told by the Auckland-based club that it is likely that he won’t be offered a new deal.
Johnson is set to attract a lot of interest from rival NRL clubs and even Super League for 2020.
“I thought it’s best I clear a couple things up regarding my situation at this stage with the Warriors,” Johnson posted.
“Firstly, there is no contract for me to sign past 2019
“Secondly, if you saw the article that we came out a few weeks back… they said they are in no rush to re-sign me. Since then, they have told me again at this stage they won’t be offering me anything.
“That means I get to spread my wings and what’s out there so right now that’s what I’m doing.
“All of you know you how much the Warriors mean to me and how grateful I am for the opportunity they have given me to live my dreams and play the sport I love.
“Hope that clears up any confusion, tell ya friends so I stop getting asked the same questions. Will keep you posted with what happens next.”
Johnson, who has played over 160 games for the Warriors since making his debut in 2011, has earned 29 caps at international level for New Zealand.