Rugby League Live 2 will be released later this year on Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 according to Sydney-based Tru Blu Entertainment.
The game will be developed by Melbourne –based Big Ant Studios, the developers behind the original Rugby League Live game which was released in 2010.
For the first time in a series of Rugby League games since 2003, Channel Nine commentator Andrew Voss will be accompanied by his colleague, Phil Gould.
While no release date has been confirmed on either side of the world, it is likely the game will be released towards the end of the current season.
Tru Blu Entertainment managing director Sebastian Giompaolo said: “The demand for a new Rugby League game on Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 has been staggering. We have listened to our fans and we are delighted to make this announcement.”
The NRL’s marketing and commercial general manager, Paul Kind, was delighted with the announcement.
He said: “Rugby League Live 2 delivers an innovative new game play experience, accurately capturing the speed, creativity and strategy of today’s rugby league.
“It’s an incredibly realistic NRL experience and a must-have game for anyone who loves their rugby league.”
Features of Rugby League Live 2 include:
• Dynamic Field Wear & Tear: Grass wears away in areas of action.
• Unique Mud & Sweat: Players accumulate mud on their bodies specifically where they hit the field. Players sweat based on their exertion level.
• Dynamic Tackling System: Fend and break tackle your way past multiple defenders.
• Tactical Passing: Perform defensive or attacking passes to best exploit your opponents.
• Strategic Defence: Set up to increase the likelihood of one, two or three-man, tackles!
• Spectacular High Ball Catching: Soar high to catch the ball or tap it to team mates.
• Create Custom Teams and Players in the fully featured Footy Factory and share them online.
• Competitive or co-operative multiplayer matches with up to eight players (four a side) online.
• Massive 10-Year Career Mode: sign sponsors, hire top flight coaching staff, negotiate player contracts and set player training programs & intensity to build the ultimate team.
• Experience System: Earn badges and experience both online and off to rise to the top of the leader boards.
• Double-barrelled expert commentary from Andrew Voss and Phil ‘Gus’ Gould.