National Conference League Round-up

Premier Division round-up

SIDDAL boosted their play-off hopes with a big 56-4 win over leaders WIGAN ST PATRICKS.

St Pats managed to keep hold of top spot due to all the other pace setters losing on a day of upsets in the NCL top flight.

Brad Hargreaves grabbed the visitor’s only points with a first half touchdown, but it was never going to be enough against a Siddal side that ran in ten tries in total.

Emmerson Newburn (2), Daniel Keane, Steven Hope (2), Craig Sanderson, Nick Smith, Dominic Horner (2) and Shaun Garrod all crossed for the hosts, as Gareth Blackburn added eight conversions.

INCE ROSE BRIDGE hopes of avoiding the drop received a shot in the arm thanks to a 26-24 win over LOCK LANE.

Jamie Malone was the star of the show as he claimed a hat-trick for the Wigan side, whilst other efforts from Michael Houghton and Chris Bayton – plus goals from Martin Packingham and Robbie Valentine (2) – sealed just their fifth win of the season.

Lane – who had trailed 14-4 at the interval – had try scorers in Mikey Hayward, Adam Garlick, Chris Siddons and Craig Duncan. Danny Rowse added four goals.

Second-placed WATH BROW HORNETS went down 30-16 to LEIGH MINERS RANGERS.

The Hornets had tries from Richard Huby, Jamie Devine and Peter Caddy – plus two Mark Watson goals – but it was never going to be enough to halt a Miners outfit that had build up an 18-4 half-time lead.

Leigh’s points came from five Jonny Youds goals and tries to Adam Thomason, Tom Doyle, Martin Grey (2) and Scott O’Brien.

WEST HULL enjoyed a happy trip home from Cumbria after beating EGREMONT RANGERS 28-10.

Matt Plummer (2), Josh Hart, James Jackson, Tom Radley and Brett Turner were the Hull sides try scorers with two conversions from Hart closing matters.

Egremont – who now slip to seventh – had tries from Ryan Barnes and Daniel Telford to show for their efforts, as John Paul Brocklebank managed a conversion.

Four yellow cards were issued in the clash between MYTON WARRIORS and THATTO HEATH CRUSADERS, before the St Helens-based visitors secured a 22-8 win.

A try and three goals from Shaun Quinn played a huge part in Thatto’s victory as Jack Jones (2) and Darren Woods also crossed the whitewash.

Myton – who remain in the relegation battle – managed a try from Ben Cartmel and two goals from the boot of Ash James in response.

EAST HULL battled past city rivals SKIRLAUGH to secure a 16-8 success.

It took 35 minutes for the first points to arrive courtesy of a Ross Kemp penalty for Skirlaugh, before Easts responded just three minutes later as Carl Puckering converted his own effort.

The next try came when Lee Steward increased the home sides lead in the 65th minute and the points were safe once Sam Cator touched down and Puckering added another goal.

However, the visitors did have the final say as Johnny Young went over for a score that Kemp improved.

Saturday July 20

East Hull 16 v 8 Skirlaugh

Egremont Rangers 10 v 28 West Hull

Ince Rose Bridge 26 v 24 Lock Lane

Leigh Miners Rangers 30 v 16 Wath Brow Hornets

Myton Warriors 8 v 22 Thatto Heath Crusaders

Siddal 56 v 4 Wigan St Patricks

Division One round-up

STANLEY RANGERS caused a major surprise with a 22-16 victory over MILFORD MARLINS.

The bottom placed side edged a see-saw encounter thanks to tries from Mufaro Muvdudu, Sam Rothery, James Senkiw and Joel Marsh, as Danny Grice slotted over three goals.

The Marlins points came via a try and two goals from Martin Loveridge and other touchdowns from James Coates and John Elkington.

ROCHDALE MAYFIELD picked up another win thanks to a 28-20 win at ECCLES.

The visitors were 28-8 ahead by the time the home side closed with late tries to Joe Connor and Mike Mills.

The Manchester sides other points came from tries to Richard Openshaw and Chris Scanlan, plus two goals from Mills.

Mayfield – who now sit sixth in the table – crossed for five tries in total with Lewis Sheridan converting four of them.

He also managed to grab one of the tries with the others going to Paul Brearley (2), Liam Whalley and Ben Naululmatua.

OULTON RAIDERS remain in touch with the promotion chasing leaders thanks to a 40-8 win over MILLOM.

Andy Eastham and Haydn Mann led the way with a brace apiece, whilst Adam Biscombe, Chris Hope and Dom Flanagan also crossed, and the goals came via Jamie Benn (4) and Lee Gomersall (2).

The Cumbrians were kept pointless until the final few minutes before late tries from Josh Banham and Jordan Moyes got them on the score sheet.

EAST LEEDS claimed win number 12 of the campaign thanks to an easy 34-6 win at BRADFORD DUDLEY HILL.

The home side’s only points came when Nathan Kitson improved his own score in the first half, whilst the visitors showed their class in the second period to build on a 12-6 half-time lead.

Jason Priestley (2), David Nurse, Dean Langton, Ben Walkin, Lee Priestley and Declan Tomlinson grabbed the four-pointers, whilst three goals from Ryan Gaunt made sure Easts kept their promotion on target.

DEWSBURY CELTIC eased their relegation fears with a convincing 36-8 win at WATERHEAD.

The home side managed first half efforts from Ryan Knight and Ashley Wildman, but that proved to be as good as it got for the Oldham side.

Danny Thomas took the plaudits with a hat-trick for Celtic, whilst Pat Foulstone, Danny Lee, Nikki Crabtree and Mike Foulstone also touched down. Crabtree and Matt Sheridan both slotted over a couple of goals.

Leaders WIGAN ST JUDES cruised to a 46-8 success over SADDLEWORTH RANGERS.

Paul Pendlebury and Danny Holmes both touched down twice for St Judes, as Daryl King, Tommy Parkinson, Martin Riley and Scott Robinson also joined in. King (2) and Gareth Thomas (5) added the extras.

For Saddleworth the only bright spots came when Adam Jeffrey touched down and Michael Coates kicked his two goals.

Friday July 19

Eccles 20 v 28 Rochdale Mayfield

Saturday July 20

Bradford Dudley Hill 6 34 East Leeds

Oulton Raiders 40 v 8 Millom

Stanley Rangers 22 v 16 Milford Marlins

Waterhead 8 v 36 Dewsbury Celtic

Wigan St Judes 46 v 8 Saddleworth Rangers

Division Two round-up

ASKAM ran in ten tries and Kristian Tyson kicked as many goals to run out 60-18 winners over CASTLEFORD PANTHERS.

Mark Tyson – with a hat-trick – was also in the points for the Cumbrians as were Joe Dowsett (2), Rob Cockayne, James Duerden, Dan Sayle, Jonathan Walsh and Russ Bolton.

The Panthers – who trailed 24-6 at the interval – recorded tries from Sammy Waite, Luke Varley and Daniel Moxon, all of which were improved by Callum Butler.

NORMANTON KNIGHTS were made to work heard by bottom side EASTMOOR DRAGONS before eventually coming home 34-22.

The leaders had try scorers in Aaron Butterfield (2), Steve Lewis (2), Joe Crossland, Adie Mulcahy and Chris Woolford, with Mulcahy also kicking three goals.

The Dragons had led 22-12 on the hour mark, but eventually succumbed to their near neighbours despite five goals from Ryan Southward and tries to Michael Hoyle, Greg Wilby and Darren Fisher.

STANNINGLEY improved their chances of maintaining their Division Two status thanks to a 34-24 win over OLDHAM ST ANNES.

The Leeds side finished with tries to Matthew Brook, Brad Cox, Alex White, Russ Cartmell – who also kicked five goals – Sean Cooper and Paul Robinson.

St Annes were never ahead but did manage to post four-pointers from Mick Fogerty (3), Kiel Lancashire – who also added two goals – and Craig Highton.

Saturday July 20

Askam 60 v 18 Castleford Panthers

Eastmoor Dragons 22 v 34 Normanton Knights

Stanningley 34 v 24 Oldham St Annes

Division Three round-up

FEATHERSTONE LIONS claimed just their fourth win of the season when they accounted for HINDLEY 14-12.

A penalty four minutes from time by Richard Frankland proved to be the difference and helped the Lions bounce back from letting a 12-0 lead slip.

The Lions had hit the front thanks to tries from Davi Garahan and Nico Neville – both of which Frankland improved – before the Wigan-based visitors responded with Andy Wright converting efforts from Frank Phillips and Rob Bailey.

BLACKBROOK hit the half-century mark in their 50-6 win over CROSFIELDS.

Scott Lyon was in top form as he claimed a hat-trick, whilst Sean Richardson wasn’t far behind with a brace of scores.

Jack Parker also crossed twice with the other home tries coming from Danny Fairhurst and Jordan Welsby. Welsby and Chris Springford (6) added the extras.

COVENTRY BEARS were too good for HEWORTH as they ran out 40-10 winners.

The Bears ended a four-game losing run in style as they crossed for eight tries in a convincing display.

Alex Brown and Alex Mills-Baker both crossed twice, with Greg Moore, Gavin Grant, Tim Stevens and Tom Tsang the other Bears to touch down. Moore (2) and Ste Coleman (2) added the goals.

The home side took an early lead thanks to Rich Rogers, but were then just limited an effort from Mike Welsh in the final 10 minutes which Tom Barron improved.

WIGAN ST CUTHBERTS claimed the points from their clash with PETERLEE PUMAS thanks to a 32-12 score line.

Earl Hurst (2), David Baggerley, Andy White, Jacob Clarke and Andy Moyle were the men to touch down for St Cuthberts as Ben Cottrill was on target four times with the boot.

The Pumas battled gamely throughout and got some reward when Paul Flynn improved efforts from Jack Adamson and Zac Mcluskey.

Leaders PILKINGTON RECS kept their title charge on course with a 32-14 win over UNDERBANK RANGERS.

The third-placed Rangers recorded tries to Lee St Hilaire, Dave Pawson and Neil Barrett, with Barrett also adding a conversion, but it was never going to be enough.

Pilks – who had raced into a 22-0 half-time lead – has Ryan Hilliard in form as he crossed for a hat-trick and Ryan Rogers, Andy Knapper and Mark Ashton also touched down.

Four goals from Danny Lynch completed the win.Saturday July 20

Blackbrook 50 v 6 Crosfields

Featherstone Lions 14 v 12 Hindley

Heworth 10 v 40 Coventry Bears

Peterlee Pumas 12 v 32 Wigan St Cuthberts

Pilkington Recs 32 v 14 Underbank Rangers

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.