St Helens will be without international loose forward Morgan Knowles for the Super League Grand Final against Leeds.
Knowles, 25, picked up a two-game suspension for a Grade B Dangerous contact in the win over Salford. It means he will miss Saturday’s Grand Final at Old Trafford.
The match review minutes explain: “Defender uses any part of their body forcefully to twist, bend or otherwise apply pressure to the limb or limbs of an opposing player in a way that involves an unacceptable risk of injury to that player.”
St Helens have confirmed that they will be appealing the decision. However, the suspensions will count towards Knowles’ England World Cup hopes, with domestic bans continuing into the tournament.
Full-back or half-back Jack Welsby will be free to play despite a Grade A high tackle charge. He did not pick up a suspension.
Meanwhile, Wigan and England forward John Bateman has been referred to tribunal following his red card against the Rhinos. He has been charged with Grade D strikes and could receive up to a five-match ban for his dangerous tackle on Aidan Sezer. The Australian playmaker suffered concussion in Friday’s 20-8 semi-final win at Wigan and will miss the Grand Final.
- John Bateman (Wigan Warriors) – Grade D Strikes – Refer to Tribunal
- Morgan Knowles (St Helens) – Grade B Dangerous Contact – 2 Match Penalty Notice
- Jack Welsby (St Helens) – Grade A High Tackle – 0 Match Penalty Notice
- Daniel Kirmond (York City Knights) – Grade B Dangerous Contact – 1 Match Penalty Notice
- Joel Farrell (Sheffield Eagles) – Grade B Dangerous Contact – 2 Match Penalty Notice
- Brandon Douglas (Sheffield Eagles) – Grade A Disputes Decision – 0 Match Penalty Notice
- Keelan Foster (Doncaster) – Grade B Dangerous Contact – 1 Match Penalty Notice