Newcastle coach Rick Stone says his team are well aware of the threat posed by Manly youngster Kieran Foran ahead of their clash on Saturday.
The 19-year-old halfback has already played for New Zealand and scored six tries in just nine first grade appearances.
“He’s a good player, he’s tough, he’s a terrific ball carrier, he’s quick and he’s strong. He is definitely a major threat,” Stone said.
“Every game he plays he is getting better.
“We see him as a major danger.”
Foran’s maturity on the field and his undeniable talent have seen his quick transition from the Under 20s, through to the NRL and earned him a representative jersey.
Both teams are coming off defeats in the last round, Manly surrendered a 20-0 lead to crash to a 20-24 defeat against Parramatta while Newcastle were pipped 20-14 by Melbourne.
The pair will meet at Bluetoungue Stadium in Gosford on Saturday although Newcastle will be wihout prop Ben Cross who is suffering from concussion.
Added Stone:”Crossy’s had a couple of concussions in the last couple of weeks, he had one against Penrith in our last trial, obviously another against the Bulldogs and a real minor one last week against the Melbourne Storm.
“Having so many head knocks in the last couple of weeks puts him in that real dangerous area so the medical staff have decided to leave him out.”.