Kingstone Press Cider National Conference League round-up


WEST HULL gave themselves a real boost of avoiding the drop with a 24-10 win at OULTON RAIDERS.

Dylan Price improved touchdowns from Paul Shaw, Callum King and Louis Crowther as the visitors built an 18-6 lead by the break, before the winger added a fourth goal in the closing minutes to make the game safe following second-rower Ryan Morrow’s effort.

The hosts – who remain bottom of the table – were limited to early tries at the beginning of each half from centres Declan Storey and Oli Bloomer, the first of which Danny Stanley improved.

Matthew Bewsher, Anthony Leak and Blake Mahovic all grabbed two tries as EGREMONT RANGERS cruised to a 48-26 victory over WIGAN ST PATRICKS.

The Cumbrian hosts only led 14-10 at half-time but cut loose in the second period to claim their seventh win of the campaign.

Tom Horner, Ryan Barnes and Jack Stainton were their other try scorers, whilst Bewsher (2) and Matthew Henson (4) added the extras.

St Pats replied through three goals to Rob Meadows and four-pointers from Ricky Murply (2), Mike Scrivens, Jamie Winstanley and Tyler Spence.

HULL DOCKERS moved into fifth place thanks to a 22-18 triumph over WATH BROW HORNETS.

The hosts needed a 77th minute try from second-rower Tommy Brett to seal the win after the Hornets had twice come back from 12 points down to look like taking a share of the spoils.

Chris Stephenson, Chris Lyth and Darren Bunby were the other Dockers to cross the whitewash, as Ross Kemp landed three goals.

Karl Dixon, Callum Farrer and Scott Pink replied for the visitors, with Cole Walker-Taylor chipping in with three conversions.

A last minute field-goal from Danny Rowse gave LOCK LANE a thrilling 31-30 success over EAST LEEDS.

In a frantic contest both sides had failed field-goal attempts before home half-back Rowse – who also kicked five goals – hit the target.

Lewis Price, Richard Lupton, Jonny Payne, Jordan Siddons and Paul Brown collected the home sides tries, with Nathan Conroy leading the Easts response with two tries and five goals for an 18-point haul.

Luke Sebine, James Forsell and Kyle Quinlan were the other try scorers for the visitors.

LEIGH MINERS RANGERS are now level on points with SIDDAL after beating the Halifax side 23-14.

Both sides managed three tries apiece, however, the kicking of Jonny Youds proved to be the difference as he improved each try and added two penalties and field-goal.

Gareth Pain, Connor Ratcliffe and Jimmy Muir crossed for Miners, with Gareth Blackburn, Freddie Walker and Billy Hammond replying for the home side.

Scrum-half Chris Brooke added a conversion.

Leaders ROCHDALE MAYFIELD increased their lead at the summit to three points following a 20-12 win at THATTO HEATH CRUSADERS.

Liam Whalley and Callum Marriott got Mayfield off to a flying start with touchdowns inside the opening nine minutes, whilst Matt Calland and a second effort from Marriott completed their try scoring for the afternoon.

Scrum-half Sam Butterworth closed their account with a couple of conversions.

Thatto hit back from the early double setback to go in just 10-6 down at the break after Ryan Heaton improved scrum-half Josh Crehan’s effort, but in the second period they were limited to just a further four-pointer from Andrew Stott which Heaton again improved.

The home sides cause was not helped by four second half sin-binnings, three of which came in the final 14 minutes.

Saturday August 1

Egremont Rangers 48 v 26 Wigan St Patricks
Hull Dockers 22 v 18 Wath Brow Hornets
Lock Lane 31 v 30 East Leeds
Oulton Raiders 10 v 24 West Hull
Siddal 14 v 23 Leigh Miners Rangers
Thatto Heath Crusaders 12 v 20 Rochdale Mayfield


SHAW CROSS SHARKS pulled off a superb 30-6 victory at leaders NORMANTON KNIGHTS.

Adie Mulcahy improved Lee Starbuck’s effort as the home side went in 10-6 down at the break, but the second half was dominated by the Sharks who went on to record a famous six try success.

Jordan Anderson and Jack Gledhill both helped themselves to a brace, whilst Martin Woodhead and Ross Roebuck added their names to the score sheet. Casey Johnson sealed the win with three goals.

INCE ROSE BRIDGE remain in the promotion hunt thanks to a 14-6 win at ELLAND.

Winger Callum Hughes opened the scoring and added to Kenny Bakers conversion meant the visitors led 6-0 at the break.

Ben Anderson converted an Andy Shickell effort to level matters, but a penalty from Baker nudged his side ahead yet again.

Ince then had the better of the closing stages and sealed the win when Jamie Malone powered over and Baker landed his third goal.

A hat-trick from Greg Smith helped PILKINGTON RECS ease to a 32-4 win at HUNSLET WARRIORS.

Brendan Lewis, Ryan Hilliard and Andrew Nesbit also touched down, as four goals from Danny Lynch made the game safe and meant Pilks remain well places in third spot.

The hosts sole response came from a Karl Featherstone effort two minutes from time.

KELLS are now level on points with Normanton Knights at the top of the table following a battling 16-8 win at SADDLEWORTH RANGERS.

The home side stung the visitors into action by racing into an 8-0 lead thanks to a James Whalley try and two goals from Ben Whitehead.

However, they couldn’t hold on as a brace from Ben Milburn, one from Bradley Smith and two Ross Gainford goals meant it was the Cumbrian outfit who were left smiling.

SALFORD CITY ROOSTERS gave themselves some hope of avoiding the drop with a 30-6 win over MYTON WARRIORS.

Paul Morgan, Mike Halsall, Joe Connor, Lee Salisbury and Bradley White all crossed the whitewash for a Roosters side which now sits five points behind fellow strugglers Myton.

Jordan Parker booted five goals for a home side which were just 12-6 to the good at half-time.

Kris Walker converted his own score for the visitor’s only points of a disappointing afternoon.

SKIRLAUGH won an entertaining contest with MILFORD MARLINS 30-24.

The home side found themselves 14-points behind at one point but battled back to win thanks to tries from Harry Inman (2), Mike Johnson, Carl Puckering – who also landed five goals – and Luke Thompson.

Milford – who led also led 18-10 at the break – came up just short despite a try and two goals from Ryan Oxtoby, plus efforts from Joe Ramsden, Danny Horner (2) and Josh Parle.

Saturday August 1

Elland 6 v 14 Ince Rose Bridge
Hunslet Warriors 4 v 32 Pilkington Recs
Normanton Knights 6 v 30 Shaw Cross Sharks
Saddleworth Rangers 8 v 16 Kells
Salford City Roosters 30 v 6 Myton Warriors
Skirlaugh 30 v 24 Milford Marlins


FEATHERSTONE LIONS kept the pressure on at the top of the table with a 36-22 win over UNDERBANK RANGERS on Friday night.

Ian Jackson led the way with a try and four goals, whilst Joe Fox crossed for a brace for the hosts.

Davie Garahan, Dean Gamble, Matty Johnson and Josh Hardcastle also went over for a Lions side which has now won 12 games from 15 so far this season.

The visitors actually led 16-14 at the break, but couldn’t hold on and only added an Alex Chatteron effort to earlier ones from Chris Druett, Mitchell Turner and Daniel Farrand. Stand-off Joel Croker landed three conversions.

STANLEY RANGERS only reward from their trip to BLACKBROOK was a first half Jordan Arthur try as the slumped to a 48-4 defeat.

The hosts were 20 points up before the let in the visitors consolation effort and almost hit the half-century mark thanks to two tries each for Jack Parker and Dean Cross, plus further efforts from Stephen Parkinson – who also kicked six goals – Scott Davidson, Jimmy Brown, Jordan Welsby and Sean Richardson.

CASTLEFORD PANTHERS let a half-time lead slip as they went down 24-12 to DEWSBURY CELTIC.

Adam Caddie, Jack Lee and Jordan Holder all went over to establish a 12-8 advantage at the interval, but they couldn’t hold on.

Richard Tillotson (2), Pat Foulstone – who also added a couple of goals – Josh Knowles and Sam Halloran supplied the Celtic points.

Friday July 31

Featherstone Lions 36 v 22 Underbank Rangers

Saturday August 1

Blackbrook 48 v 4 Stanley Rangers

Castleford Panthers 12 v 24 Dewsbury Celtic


DRIGHLINGTON battled their way past DEWSBURY MOOR MAROONS 26-18.

Ryan Burton’s second try seven minutes from time and Adam Newton’s third goal clinched a win which also saw touchdowns from Kieran Roche (2) and Tom Moorby.

The visitors remained in the contest throughout but eventually came up just short despite James Eatherley converting tries by John Bennett, Ben Wrightson and Max Vernon.

CROSFIELDS returned from GATESHEAD STORM with the points after a 20-14 win.

Nathan Taylor, Matt Barber, Dave Rolt and Hayden James claimed the tries, with two goals from Jack Reid seeing them home.

The hosts – who were level 4-4 at the break – replied through Luke Banham, Olly O’Mara and Andy Morris. Ryan Clarke added a goal.

HUNSLET CLUB PARKSIDE were too good for city rivals STANNINGLEY running out 38-14 winners.

Stuart Halliday have the visitors an early lead but that spurred Parkside into action as they roared back with efforts from Luke O’Malley (2), Omar Alrawi, Keiran Murphy, Mark Holmes, Jack Carvill and Craig Miles.

Jamie Fields (4) and Andy Hullock added the extras.

Ian Crowe and Josh Tate grabbed late consolation efforts for Stanningley, one of which Jackson Green improved.

Billy Maunder helped himself to four tries and there was a hat-trick for Tom Keevil as WOOLSTON ROVERS hammered WIBSEY WARRIORS 66-10.

Christian Taylor (2), James Rosson, Matt Dalton and Mark Foster also touched down, as Lewis Hoarty kicked nine goals to complete the big win.

Luke Helliwell and Chris Vogel replied for Wibsey with Kane Gray on target with a goal.


Ryan Lynch and Chris Brown both scored twice and there was other efforts from Chris Dean and Darren Nixon. Andy Gorey slotted over five goals.

James Slater improved a Luke Scott effort in the Dragons sole reply.

Saturday August 1

Drighlington 26 v 18 Dewsbury Moor Maroons
Gateshead Storm 14 v 20 Crosfields
Hunslet Club Parkside 38 v 14 Stanningley
Waterhead Warriors 34 v 6 Eastmoor Dragons
Woolston Rovers 66 v 10 Wibsey Warriors

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.