Kingstone Press Cider National Conference League Round-up

Division Three Round Up

Heworth 26 Crosfields 38;

Hindley 58 Peterlee Pumas 16;

Featherstone Lions 56 Eastmoor Dragons 4;

Ricky Williams grabbed a hat-trick as Featherstone lions eased to a 56-4 verdict over Eastmoor dragons.

Danny Glassell (2), Davi Garahan, Lewis Young, Ian Jackson, Adam Hepworth and Brendan Gibbins went over the white line for the leaders, with Rich Frankland scoring eight goals; Luke Scott replied for Eastmoor.

Blackbrook won 26-6 at Woolston in Thursday evening’s promotion clash

The visitors opened the scoring on the half hour with a Scott division try, and added a Dave Scott touchdown seconds before the break which Ste Parkinson improved

Parkinson bagged a quick brace and although Wes Lawton replied for Rovers as the game headed into final quarter – Gavin Bishop converting – Blackbrook finished on top with two late tries by Jordy Welsby.

Crosfields upped the tempo after having being held up to 12-12 at half time at Heworth, winning 38-26 with two tries for Troy Brophy.

Darren Picton claimed a hat-trick and Chris Scarborough helped himself to two tries and four goals in Hindleys 58-16 victory over Peterlee.

Division Two Round Up

Stanningley 20 Leigh East 23;

Elland 11 Kells 10;

Bradford Dudley Hill 52 Stanley Rangers 16;

Ovenden 70 Askam 18;

Castleford Panthers 46 Oldham St Annes 16;

Waterhead 12 Pilkington Recs 38;

Second placed Elland narrowed the gap on leaders Kells with a stunning 11-10 win, bouncing back from an early Craig Benson try with touchdowns for Richard Crawshaw and Jack Fairbank, plus a Cayci Pearson conversion and a Phil Taylor field goal. Tony Burns replied for Kells with Ross Gainford converting.

Askam gained an early 12-6 lead at Ovenden with a try and two goals by Kristian Tyson and a Ben Lewney touchdown. The Cumbrian’s dominance didn’t last long however Ovenden winning 70-12 with the help of hat-tricks by Chris Geoghegan and Martin Mullen. Sean Dyson bagged a brace, there were touchdowns for Arran Varley, Luke O’Mara, Joss Bentley and Niall Brady and Nathan smith offered 11 goals.

Centre James Sinkew scored all Stanley Rangers points with four tries at Dudley Hill, including the game’s first and last touchdowns. However Sinkew’s try scoring exploits were not enough to stop Dudley Hill who won 52 -16 with two tries each for Jamie Brentley and Anthony Lawton.

Pilkington won 38-12 at Waterhead, courtesy of a brace apiece for Greg smith and Danny Filson with Danny Lynch kicking five goals. Matthew Holland and Andy Gorey replied for the Oldham outfit and Jamie Mayall converting both tries.

Castleford Panthers who were only 24-16 ahead against Oldham St Annes at the hour mark finished as 46-16 winners, thanks to two tries and seven goals by James Clarkson and a Lee Norton brace.

In a game of two halves Leigh East led 23-0 at the break at Stanningley, before finding themselves hanging on for a 23-20 win. Tom Sharp scored twice in the last two minutes to give Stanningley hope however Leigh hung on for the win.

Division One Round Up

Millom 18 Shaw Cross Sharks 38;

Dewsbury Celtic 29 Saddleworth Rangers 18;

Myton Warriors 30 Normanton Knights 28;

Rochdale Mayfield 42 York Acorn 24;

Milford Marlins 18 Ince Rose Bridge 19;

Oulton Raiders 56 Eccles 6;

Table toppers Oulton Raiders were in rampant mood against Eccles, winning 56-6.

Raiders who were 22 ahead at the break finished with three tries and two goals for Danny Mackintosh while Scott MacDonald scored a hat-trick.

York Acorn were 24-14 up early in the second period at Rochdale Mayfield with Matt Calland scoring a hat-trick. Mayfield, through turned it around with a 42-24 win, thanks to a try and three goals for Sam Butterworth.

Dewsbury Celtic beat Saddleworth 29-18 in another relegation clash, courtesy of an Anthony Dunford hat-trick. Josh Bradbury lodged a try and three goals for rangers, and Benji Lloyd and Gareth Morgan popped in

Ince rose bridge after having allowed a 18-6 lead at Milford to slip away snatched a 19-18 victory with a late Kieron Eccleston field goal.

Shaw Cross who were 32-0 ahead at one stage won 38-18 at Millom with two tries and three goals for Ross Roebuck.

Myton Warriors came back from 22-6 down at the break to beat Normanton 30-28 with two tries and five goals by Ash. The Knights, who had led through a Lee Lingard brace, replied with a late Jonny Hodgson fourth goal however Myton withstood tremendous late pressure for a sensational win.

Premier Division Round Up

Wigan St Patricks 12 Thatto Heath Crusaders 19;

Egremont Rangers 44 Skirlaugh 30;

East Leeds 26 Lock Lane 40;

Siddal 42 Hunslet Warriors 10;

Hull Dockers 18 Wath Brow Hornets 20;

West Hull  P Wigan St Judes P;

Siddal added to their credentials as mid-season table-toppers with a 42-10 win over promoted Hunslet Warriors.

The Halifax outfit, went into a 12- point lead inside the first seven minutes, and never looked back.

Second placed West Hull who were keen to maintain the pressure on Siddal with a victory over bottom side Wigan St Judes, however the St Judes team bus was vandalised on Friday night meaning they were unable to journey across the Pennines.  The game has been postponed and will be replayed as soon as anew date has been found.

Wath Brow Hornets who were runners up to West Hull in last year’s grand final, edged a 20-18 win across town at Hull Dockers. There was little between the sides throughout an enthralling contest, despite the fact that the Dockers were never ahead

Hull Dockers loose forward Craig Skelton and Wath Brow second row Lewis McCarron both spent a spell in the sin bin for dissent.

A field goal in the closing seconds by scrum half Chris Frodsham sealed a 19-12 win at Wigan St Patricks for Thatto Heath Crusaders in the meeting of two top sides just outside the top six.

Egremont Rangers posted a crucial 44-30 win over Skirlaugh in the key relegation battle.

Rangers who are now five points ahead of the second from bottom Hull outfit, owed their success to a strong opening in which a 16-0 lead was established in the first 20 minutes and to an impressive recovery after Skirlaugh had rallied to 28-24 on the hour

Lock Lane despite being behind for much of the opening period and having been behind 26-16 on the hour, won a hard fought match with a comfortable winning margin thanks to three tries in the last 10 minutes.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.