Hull 40-14 Castleford

A hat-trick from Hulls’ top scorer Craig Hall helped Hull FC to a 40-14 victory over Castleford in the bottom of the table clash at the Kingston Communications Stadium.nnThe Airliebirds completed the double over their fellow Super League strugglers with a dominant second half display. nnHull moved up the table into 10th place, ahead of Huddersfield who lost out 28-26 in a game packed full of controversy.nnTries from Tom Briscoe, Craig Hall and man of the match Kirk Yeaman put Hull FC 18-8 in front going in at the break, with the Tigers responding through Craig Huby.nnFurther tries from Hall and Yeaman gave the hosts a commanding 40-14 lead, with Ned Catic scoring for the Tigers. nnHull FC took an early lead with a try from the centre, Briscoe, within eight minutes of the kick off. Danny Tickle added the extras. nnThe Airliebirds soon extended their lead with a penalty from Tickle, before the visitors cut the gap to six points through the boot of Kirk Dixon.nnCastleford levelled the scores with a converted try. After a good break up field only an ankle tap was able to prevent Luke Dorn crossing for a try, but nobody could stop Huby going over for the four points. Dixon added the extras.nnBut the hosts regained their lead with two tries in the final five minutes of the first half. nnA long sweeping pass was sent out to Matt Sing who offloaded to Craig Hall for a try.nnA kick from Adam Dykes hung in the air, with Stuart Donlan making the error and missing the catch as the ball fell straight into the arms of Yeaman for an easy score, which Tickle converted.nnCastleford cut the gap to just four points within five minutes of the restart. On the last tackle Brent Sherwin ran across field and found Catic in space to go over for a great try, which Dixon converted. nnBut Hull FC extended their lead with Tickle slotting over a penalty, before Hall went over for his second try of the match. Garreth Carvell was tackled metres short of the line, as the Castleford defence tried to halt the Hull attack. But on the last tackle a little kick through from Dykes was picked up by Hall for a simple score. Tickle added the extras.nnThe hosts almost extended their lead but Tickle surprisingly missed his penalty effort, but the forward made no mistake next time around as he successfully slotted over his next kick.nnThe Tigers were offered a lifeline when Carvell was sent to the sin bin, but they were unable to take advantage. In fact it was Hull who were next on the score sheet with Hall crossing to complete his hat-trick. Tickle once again added the extras. nnIt really wasn’t Castleford’s day as Yeaman raced clear for ain interception try, which Tickle converted, to seal the victory for Hull.nnBy Joseph VerneynnHull FC 40nT: Briscoe (8), Hall (36,53,70), Yeaman (39,72)nG: Tickle (8,14,39,49,54,61,70,72)nnCastleford Tigers 14nT: Huby (32), Catic (45)nG: Dixon (19,32,45)nnHT 18-8nFT 40-14nAttendance 12,681

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.