Hughes rewarded with new Wigan deal

Young Wigan centre Jack Hughes has signed a new five-year contract with the club.

Hughes, 20, has broken in to the Warriors first team at the start of this season, replacing the injured George Carmont in the centres. His deal covers the next three seasons, with the club holding the option to extend it for 2015 and 2016.

Head Coach Shaun Wane said: “I am really pleased by the announcement. Jack is a big strong athlete with talent and skills and we are delighted that one of the most promising youngsters in the English game has pledged his long-term future to Wigan.”

Hughes spent time on a dual-registration deal with Barrow last season, and made his Wigan debut against the Raiders in the fourth round of the 2011 Challenge Cup.

He has played in four of Wigan’s five Super League matches so far this season, scoring his first try in Sunday’s 36-12 win over Catalan.

Hughes said: “I am over the moon to know that I am going to spend the next few years of my career at my hometown Club. I will continue to work as hard as I can and am looking forward to being a part of the Club’s future success under Shaun and Iestyn.”

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*