Head Coach Craig Richards has named his England Women squad for Saturday’s mid-season international game against France.
It will be the women’s second game of 2022. The first came last weekend, winning 32-6 away against Wales.
And all 20 of the squad that made the trip to Crosskeys came through unscathed, named again. In addition, four further names have been added to the pack, all of whom from Leeds.
Forward Zoe Hornby is in line to make her international debut, along with Keara Bennett and Courtney Winterfield-Hill. Both of whom were ruled out of the Wales game through illness.
Winterfield-Hill is Australian but qualifies to play for England via the residency rule. The last of the four to be called up is Caitlin Beevers. She has more experience at international level, making her debut for England in 2018 as a 17-year-old.
Head coach Richards added, “It’s great to have been able to bring in four additional players to the squad for this weekend’s game against France.
“I’m really pleased that Keara and Courtney have both recovered, have come back into the squad, and are now in contention to debut on Saturday.
“Zoe has been a standout performer for Leeds in both of the Women’s Challenge Cup and opening rounds of the Women’s Super League.
“I always say that if people are playing well, they will be brought into the setup, and Zoe is proof of that.”
Acting as another warm up game ahead of the World Cup this autumn, England’s women have been using Leeds as a base over the last week.
Their match against France comes as the first part of this weekend’s double-header at the Halliwell Jones Stadium in Warrington.
Kicking off at 3:15pm, it precedes the men’s international against the Combined Nations All Stars (5:45pm kick-off).
The England Wheelchair side are too in action, also taking on France. That one takes place in Manchester on Sunday.
“This weekend’s game is massive in terms of seeing where we are as a squad and building towards the World Cup,” said Richards.
“I’m hoping we see the England fans come out in force to get behind all three teams this weekend.”
Women’s Squad Named
- Dannielle Anderson (Leeds Rhinos)
- Caitlin Beevers (Leeds Rhinos)
- Keara Bennett (Leeds Rhinos)
- Leah Burke (St Helens)
- Caroline Collie (Bedford Tigers)
- Jodie Cunningham (St Helens)
- Hollie Dodd (York City Knights)
- Grace Field (York City Knights)
- Fran Goldthorp (Leeds Rhinos)
- Amy Hardcastle (St Helens)
- Zoe Harris (St Helens)
- Zoe Hornby (Leeds Rhinos)
- Shona Hoyle (St Helens)
- Tara Jones (St Helens)
- Bethan Oates (Huddersfield Giants)
- Georgia Roche (Leeds Rhinos)
- Emily Rudge (St Helens) – Captain
- Tara Stanley (York City Knights)
- Beth Stott (St Helens)
- Paige Travis (St Helens)
- Vicky Whitfield (St Helens)
- Georgia Wilson (Wigan Warriors)
- Courtney Winfield-Hill (Leeds Rhinos)
- Olivia Wood (York City Knights)