England Academy squad announced
England Academy coach Dave Elliott has named his 18-man squad that will take on the Australian Institute of Sport at Leigh Sports Village on Sunday, December 5 (3.00pm).
Elliott and his charges play host to an AIS squad that has recorded two victories so far in their tour, including a 36-0 victory over Wales and Elliott has settled on a 19 which includes four Bradford Bulls and St Helens academy players, three from Warrington Wolves and Leeds Rhinos, two from Wigan Warriors along with one player from Hull FC and Widnes Vikings.
“We have some very strong and talented players at our disposal,” said Elliott. “We know the AIS will be a tough side. They’ve had a few mixed results in France and they had a good win against Wales so we know we can’t underestimate them.
“We’ve picked an Under-17 side purposefully looking forward to 2012 because the lads all need to be tested. There’s no pressure on them to get a result, obviously everyone wants to win when they play, but all we’re asking for is to see the lads perform in an England shirt like they’d perform in their club shirt.”
England Academy 18-man squad to face the AIS:
1. Jack Owens (Widnes Vikings, Farnsworth Hornets)
2. James Duckworth (Leeds Rhinos, Whinmoor)
3. Mark Percival (St Helens, Halton Hornets)
4. James Saltonstall (Warrington Wolves, Siddal)
5. Greg Wilde (St Helens, Golbourne Parkside)
6. George Williams (Wigan Warriors, Ince Rose Bridge)
7. Daniel Yates (St Helens, Waterhead)
8. Liam McAvoy (Bradford Bulls, Broughton Red Rose)
9. James Cunningham (Hull FC, East Hull)
10. Mike Learmonth (Warrington Wolves, Hunslet Warriors)
11. Ben Currie (Warrington Wolves, Golbourne Parkside)
12. Stevie Ward (Leeds Rhinos, Hunslet Warriors)
13. John Bateman (Bradford Bulls, Dudley Hill)
14. Connor Spencer (Bradford Bulls, Hunslet Warriors)
15. Jordan Baldwinson (Leeds Rhinos, Hunslet Warriors)
16. Greg Richards (St Helens, Ulverston)
17. Jack Cockerham (Bradford Bulls, Castleford Lock Lane)
18. Connor Farrell (Wigan Warriors, Wigan St Pats)