French Elite Championship heavyweights Carcassonne and Lezignan have been drawn together in the last 32 of the Coupe de France.
The competition hasn’t been contested for the past two seasons due to COVID, meaning Carcassonne are still the current holders having beaten St Esteve in 2019.
Lezignan won the 2021 French Elite Championship by beating Carcassonne 16-12 in the final back in June.
The nine Elite 1 Championship teams and 10 Elite 2 Championship teams join the competition at this stage.
That clash is the only all Elite 1 Championship affair, with one all Elite 2 Championship game taking place between Entraigues and Carpentras.
Toulouse and St Esteve travel to Elite 2 sides Lescure and Ille respectively.
Fellow Elite 1 sides Avignon, Limoux and St Gaudens are also away at Elite 2 opposition in Pia, Baho and Villefranche.
Albi will travel to Federal division side Les Loups de Pamiers Vernajoul XIII.
The draw has also been made for the last 16 – which means the winner of Carcassonne against Lezignan is likely to play St Esteve in the next round.
The Lord Derby Cup was first contested in 1934/35, named after the then honorary president of the RFL and former British ambassador in Paris.
Carcassonne have the most titles, having won it 15 times.
Toulouse lost their first six appearances in a cup final before breaking the duck in 2014.
In recent years, it was has been won by Lezignan (2015), St Esteve (2015 and 2018) and Carcassonne (2017 and 2019).
Coupe de France last 32 draw
The matches will take place on the weekend January 15/16.
- Entraigues (E2) v Carpentras (E2)
- Salses (DN1) v Realmont/Lescure or Palau (DN1)
- Canton Villefranche d’Albi (F) v Gratentour (E2)
- St Martin or Caumont/Cavaillon (DN1) v Salon (E2)
- Carcassonne (E1) v Lezignan (E1)
- Villefranche (E2) v St Gaudens (E1)
- Velin/Cahtillon/Paris Charenton (F) v Boxing Club Thorois (F)
- Ille (E2) v St Esteve (E1)
- Lescure (E2) v Toulouse (E1)
- Pomas or Ferrals (DN1) v Villegailhenc (E2)
- Vernajoul (F) v Albi (E1)
- Baho (E2) v Limoux (E1)
- Garonne or Trentels (DN1) v Villeneuve (E1)
- Pia (E2) v Avignon (E1)