Toulouse half-back Corey Norman has played his last game of the 2022 season, after being given an eight-match suspension by the disciplinary tribunal.
Norman was given a Grade F charge of Other Contrary Behaviour following the latest round of Super League action.
At the time, during Toulouse’s defeat to Warrington, Norman was placed on report by referee Chris Kendall, after an allegation of inappropriate contact was made by Wire forward Oliver Holmes. Norman has also been fined £500.
In the tribunal, Norman pleaded not guilty to the offence. However, Her Honour Justice Sarah Wright, who chaired the tribunal, was satisfied Norman had intentionally placed a hand between the buttocks of an opponent.
Explaining their ruling, the tribunal said: “The footage of the incident shows a deliberate movement of Corey Norman’s left arm and hand over the top of Oliver Holmes and on to his buttocks.
“At no point does the footage show a grabbing of the shorts to push Oliver Holmes down as described by Corey Norman.
“The footage shows a deliberate placing of Corey Norman’s hands and fingers on the buttocks and coupled with the immediate complaint from Holmes, the reaction of his team-mate Danny Walker and the statement of Holmes to which we have measured regard we are entirely satisfied that this was an intentional placing of a hand between the buttocks of the opposing player and we find the charge proved.”
Norman one of 13 players charged
The Toulouse half-back was the only player to face the tribunal this week. However, he was one of 13 players to receive penalty notices.
In total, two Toulouse players, two Castleford players, two Hull KR players and two Hull FC players will be missing for their sides. On top of that, players from Catalans, Huddersfield, Wakefield, Wigan and St Helens have also been charged.
The full list is below, minus Norman.
- Olly Ashall-Bott (Toulouse) – Grade B Trip – 1 Match Penalty Notice
- Sam Kasiano (Catalans) – Grade B Dangerous Contact – 2 Match Penalty Notice
- Adam Milner (Castleford) – Grade B Dangerous Contact – 2 Match Penalty Notice
- Suaia Matagi (Castleford) – Grade C Dangerous Contact – 2 Match Penalty Notice
- Matt Parcell (Hull KR) – Grade A Dangerous Contact – 1 Match Penalty Notice
- Ethan Ryan (Hull KR) – Grade B Other Contrary Behaviour – 1 Match Penalty Notice
- Jack Ashworth (Huddersfield) – Grade B Dangerous Contact – 1 Match Penalty Notice
- Kelepi Tanginoa (Wakefield) – Grade C Dangerous Contact – 3 Match Penalty Notice
- Mike Cooper (Wigan) – Grade A Dangerous Contact – 1 Match Penalty Notice
- Kane Evans (Hull FC) – Grade A Dangerous Contact – 1 Match Penalty Notice
- Jake Connor (Hull FC) – Grade A Other Contrary Behaviour – 1 Match Penalty Notice
- Morgan Knowles (St Helens) – Grade A Shoulder Charge – 1 Match Penalty Notice