Castleford coach Lee Radford has revealed that they only just have a full matchday 17 available to face Wakefield on Friday evening.
The Tigers will be without utility-back Gareth O’Brien and forward Alex Mellor on Friday, who have been ruled out due to the 11-day return-to-play protocol.
Castleford will also be without long-serving forward Nathan Massey for the rest of the season.
“It leaves us with 17 players,” Radford said. “Losing three or four players every week means it is difficult to get some continuity in our side. There’ll be a bit of chopping and changing this weekend.
“Injuries are coming thick and fast but the group are really digging in and swimming harder against the tide. As long as we continue to do that we are in with a chance or winning a fixture every weekend.
“I think there has been a real coming together of the squad over the last six or seven games.”
Castleford to appeal Jake Mamo ban
Radford confirmed that they will appeal the ban given to Jake Mamo at Tuesday’s disciplinary hearing. The Australian centre was given a one-match ban for disputing a decision in their win over Hull last week.
Radford said there was no chance of them signing any free agents or applying for any form of dispensation to make a signing due to their injury crisis.
“I think what we’ve got is what we’ve got and we are going to stick with it,” he said.
“Hopefully Cheyse Blair is back next week. Jake Mamo, dependent on what happens tonight, will hopefully be available.
“Jordan Turner is three or four weeks away so there is some light at the end of the tunnel.”