THE situation regarding Danny Brough will be resolved by this time next week according to the Tigers.
Brough has an option to take up the second year of his Tigers deal, or move on from the club.
The Tigers have given the former Hull back until the 30th November – when all contracts from 2006 end formally- and are hoping that Brough will take up his offer.
Brough spoke earlier in the week to the League Express stating that the situation was in the hand of his agent, however he would like to thrash out a deal with the Tigers should nothing else come along.
Todays P & C Express states that Castleford do have a plan B with old rumours Maxime Greseque, Paul White and Mark Lennon all being formally linked as possibilities, however it seems that an unnamed back may also be in the frame.
CEO Richard Wright said: Danny's situation is that he has a contract with us for next year but he does have an option to leave if another club came in for him. It's just up to Danny to make his decision to stay with us, which we certainly hope he does. We believe there's a good career here for him if he decides to stay with us. He's got until November 30 so one way or another it will be resolved over the next few days. But we've had to think about the possibility that he might leave and we've looked at alternatives just in case he decides to move on."