Bellamy’s Storm commitment

Melbourne coach Craig Bellamy has committed himself to the club for a further three seasons after agreeing a new deal.

Bellamy, who took the reins at the Storm a decade ago, rejected a lucrative offer to take over at St George in favour of remaining in Melbourne.

“During the off-season, I’ve had plenty of time to consider a number of attractive options,” said Craig Bellamy.

“I’ve said on a few occasions that this might easily be my last coaching contract. That’s why I wanted to make sure that whatever decision I made was the right one.”

Bellamy has been at the helm during arguably the club’s darkest period when it was stripped of two premierships after a salary cap scam was uncovered.

But he guided the club to Grand Final victory in last year’s NRL, overcoming a much-fancied Canterbury side coached by the experienced Des Hasler.

The Melbourne squad leave for the UK in preparation for their World Club Challenge match up with Leeds on February 22 and Bellamy says his focus is fully on the task at hand.

“I’m excited with the current playing roster and our future prospects. I’m really looking forward to flying to the United Kingdom today for the World Club Challenge,” added Bellamy.  

“It will be good to fully concentrate on coaching again without any distractions.”

 

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*