Long awaited contract negotiations have ended today with Premier Sports being awarded the UK's NRL TV deal for the next five years.
Dubbed 'The best season ever', Premier Sports have dedicated more airtime than ever to Rugby League this season, with the total number of games per year now at a whopping 206 from Australia, which will be complemented by their 32 games for the English Kingstone Press Championships.
Premier will also show live and exclusive coverage of the Grand Final, State of Origin series and the ANZAC Test match, which all previously appeared on Sky Sports, as well as archive classics of previous Grand Final and State of Origin encounters.
Full details of Premier Sports coverage below:
THE BEST SEASON EVER
- 5 year deal (2013 - 2017)
- Every game from every round
- At least 6 live with 2 delayed each week
- Every game from the play-offs
- Grand Final live (previously this was on SKY)
- State or Origin series (Queensland v New South Wales) best of 3 exclusive and live (previously this was on SKY)
- All Star game
- Anzac Test Match
- Archive of classic Grand Finals and State of Origin will air
- NRL Full-time, the round up program will air every Tuesday evening. (Previously on SKY)
- No free viewing on streaming or betting sites.
Visit www.premiersports.tv to subscribe now.
Three Widnes fans are set to embark on a rugby league road trip with a difference, all for the benefit of the charity Rugby League Cares.
Can Salford finally get their season moving in the right direction?
As Super League gets back underway, Forty-20 editor-at-large Tony Hannan reflects on the power of positive thinking.
Belgium and the Czech Republic will play a two-match Test series this year.